Friday, August 23, 2002

Summer Reading poll
Woodeene Koenig-Bricker, on HMS Blog is taking a poll to see what summer reading most impress you. Despite the fact that I finished my dissertation, I did almost no summer reading. I did read Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, as I've mentioned before, which is a great book. Otherwise, what have I read? I tried to read the Fr. Brown Omnibus, but for some reason just couldn't get into it. My sons picked it up, though, and read it with abandon. For my 10 year old it was quite a step up from The Hardy Boys. My family is reading The Lord of the Rings aloud. We have a rule that no one can watch the movie until they've read the book, so my wife, who hasn't read the whole thing, is being read to from The Two Towers so she can see the movie when it comes out in December. I started to read The Princess Bride by William Goldman (who, as it turns out, also wrote the screenplay for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid), but for some reason never finished it, even though it was proving to be more funny and entertaining than even the movie. Everything else I just read bits and pieces of. As mentioned below I'll be doing some big time reading this school year.

No comments: